About Putting People at the Heart of Care and Support
The purpose of the “Putting People at the Heart of Care and Support” Working Group is to bring together senior leaders and network chairs who have a passion for improving the experience of the care and support for the people and communities accessing it.
The Putting People at the Heart of Care and Support sets out its main aims as being:
- We want people to lead a fulfilling life, playing a full role in society.
- We want to acknowledge the vital role of families and friends in caring for one another, while also enabling those who provide unpaid care to a friend or loved one to be supported to achieve their own life goals.
- We want the adult social care workforce to feel recognised and have opportunities to develop their careers.
As a network our responsibilities are to:
- Discuss, identify, and deliver priority areas for the region based on what we hear from people, communities, carers and families and other national and local priority work.
- Exchange practice and share ideas about how to find collaborative solutions, mitigate risks, and share innovation in terms of how the voice of the person is captured.
- Share key areas for improvement and success with others across the region we can avoid duplication and learn together.
- Monitor our actions through a forward plan but also feedback on these to the ADASS Branch, the Assistant Director Forum, and representatives of people with lived experience at least once a quarter.
- Provide an end of year briefing for the end of year challenge event showing progress and areas for consideration for the year ahead.
- Co-ordinate regional responses when required.
- Be considerate of anti-racist practice and health inequalities.
Assistant Director Adult Social Care
Central Bedfordshire Council
*Consideration is currently being given to this group being co chaired with a person with lived experience in keeping with the it’s values.